Thursday, December 10, 2015

"Lights On" Breakfast

So for my first event I attended the Lights on After School Breakfast of Champions. I'm really glad I was able to attend this event. I think my favorite thing about attending events such as this is hearing how much of an impact something like an after school program can be. Growing up I used after school and before school programs to get away from my problems outside of school. It started as a way to avoid conflicts like bullying and to avoid issues at home and became a huge learning experience that shaped me to be who I am. It was also great to see someone from a High School also come and speak about their experience. It validates that the programs are worth so much and should continue.

It was really inspirational to listen to the speakers and it helps talking to graduated YDEV students as well as seeing all the possible programs there are out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment